Saturday, February 8, 2014

I'am Stuck on ???? Cause ???? Stuck on me

You probably wonder what kind of title is that but I bet you are singing that song now!  Commercials have a way of playing with your mind sometimes and once you hear the song that goes with it the song gets stuck in your head!!  Talking about commercials, don’t you just love the Budweiser commercials!  Their commercial from last year with the Clydesdale and the one this year during the Super Bowl with the puppy added.  I love the man in both of the commercials, he is just so sweet looking.  Maybe next year they will add a kitty along with the horses and puppy!!

Back to the commercial now that it’s stuck in your head!  I actually heard it the other day, had thought it had gone away!!  But when I started  blending some oils that commercial came to mind.  I read somewhere the other day that fig was the new scent so my mind started thinking.  What can I mix with fig to come up with some really good scents?  I decided to do the old "Google" thing and search for fig.  I was rather surprised what I came up with.

Figs and fig trees have an illustrious history behind them and, if the wood carvings dating from the Middle Ages and the Renaissance are any indication, they formed part of the Garden of Eden, their wide leaves serving as the first within reach for a medium of modesty after the Lapse from Heaven.  The philosopher Plato was more interested in their mental-stirring qualities rather than practical ones, claiming that figs stimulate intelligence.  Well I said, I can surely use some added intelligence!  I kept on searching and found that many Luxe Hotels use scented candles to lure guest in!  Tea and citrus are popular choices, and fig is “a very hot trend in fine fragrance.”  Still searching I  discovered that the “high class”  Perfumers use fig in many of their perfume expensive blends.  I said "Right on, way to go!  You have really hit on something!"  It really was surprising at all the names of the "high Class" expensive perfumes that have fig in them.

When I first started making candles I found a fig fragrance oil that I really liked, though it appeared I was about the only one that liked it!  After I had used all of it making me fig scented candles the supplier no longer carried it so I gave up on a straight fig fragrance oil.  I have  Mediterranean Fig which I really like and customers like it also.  I think it was last year that I ordered Cranberry Fig and oh my goodness----I was hooked for sure!  That is probably my #1 favorite of all my candle scents, I am absolutely in love with that scent.  So I thought with cranberry mixing good with fig surely other fruits would.  I immediately thought of apple and pomegranate!  But I thought, Vanilla is good with everything so lets try some Vanilla Fig.  I mixed up 3 sample bottles and kept smelling and tweaking until I had the scent where I wanted it.  So I have Apple Fig, Pomegranate Fig, and Vanilla Fig.  Burning the Apple Fig today.

Poured candles couple days ago to see how my blend was going to smell burning.  But with these three my mind just kept wondering to just how many scents you could mix with fig.  The fig just seems to "ground" I think is the word I am looking for, whatever you add to it be it fruit, floral - and yes I have a floral scent mixed with fig and just waiting for it to "mellow"!  So with all this fig going through my head you can see where that commercial just popped into my mind and honestly I can't get it out of my head - "I'am stuck on Band-Aide cause Band-Aides stuck on me"!

Just wish I could figure out how to make a good fig preserve scent!  My mother made the best fig preserves, and no strawberry in them.  All you needed was some hot home-made biscuits and butter and you had a real treat!  Another good one she made was pear preserves.  Best ever!

I also have 3 new fragrances I will be adding to my website soon.  They are Cinnamon, Apples, and Peaches, Island Hibiscus, and Raspberry Sangria.

Trying something new below, hope it works!



No comments :

Post a Comment