Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Rainy Day in Georgia

Sitting here are the computer - that's about the only thing I can do because my fur-baby Pepper - is scared to death of bad weather.  We have had some thunder and hard rain.  It didn't last but about 30 minutes but that was enough for her.  It will take her awhile to setter back down.  

Canceled going to the gym with my friends this morning.  We would have got soaking wet and also I hate to leave Pepper when she is like this unless it is an emergency or I just have to be somewhere I can't change.  I usually give her benadryl but was out and even then it takes awhile for it to calm her down.  


This is an earlier picture of her, right now she is as close as she can get to me! 







SO------I decided to write in my blog since it has been way to long since last time.  I always say I am going to at least blog monthly but then that's just like saying I am going to clean out my closet or drawers.  It always gets put off!  

Things have been pretty quiet in the Candle Shoppe.  I really haven't been in the mood for much candle making but I do have my regular customers I try to keep happy!  I've  been thinking about making woodwick candles so decided while it was quiet I would start testing them. Ordered woodwicks from 2 different suppliers to try and decided on 1 of them.  I really do like the way they sound.  The sizzle, crackling, and little popping really do make you think of sitting by a fire. If you have a fireplace then you know how soothing and comforting that can be.  

Sometimes I wish we could build one during warm/hot weather just for that feeling!  Of course that would probably make Georgia Power happy because we would certainly have to turn down the temp on the air conditioner!  I will try to insert this video and see if it works - it didn't!  This is a link to my face book page where you can hear it burning. Really amazing how loud it is!  https://www.facebook.com/rubyrosecandles

This is a picture of it burning.  










I have added a couple more scents, you know me, just can't resist buying more.
Coconut Butter - Buttery top notes of sugar and creamy vanilla bean with hints of spice and rich toasted coconut.  Very yummy!
Raspberry Lemonade - A refreshing blend of raspberries with lemon, vanilla, and sugar. 

Let's all remember the people that have been hit with the tornadoes, storms, and flooding in Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama & Florida.

Washer just finished washing a load of clothes, time to get them in dryer and start another load. If any one can figure out how 2 people mess up so many clothes please let me in on the secret!

Until Next Time,
Elaine
  



   

No comments :

Post a Comment