Wednesday, April 24, 2013

CANDLES and FOOD - FOOD and CANDLES



Don't know which of these should come first because I guess you could say they are my two main obsessions.  Of course other than my granddaughters and family but that can be a later subject.  I will add though that I have the 2 most beautiful granddaughters in the whole wide world!

FOOD-You can't live without it!  On Facebook there are many good food pages which I won't even begin to name because I would probably leave someone out.  Dessert, oh my, if I were to make all I have bookmarked, well, we'll just say I would have to buy a completely new wardrobe.  That brings up a whole new discussion though, hard to find something for the 5'10" grandmother type!  Dress lengths up to ???? and don't even talk about shoes!  Heels that are 3" high and soles that are 2" thick!  Not what someone as tall as I am needs.  

Well back to my subject!  I love to cook and try out new recipes.  My dream when I was much younger was to have a restaurant.  As I got older though I quickly realized being open 7 days a week and serving breakfast through supper was more work than I wanted.  Now for some country Southern definitions!  Dinner was always the mid day meal eaten at or about 12:00 and supper was the evening meal eaten about 6:00.  Dinner back when meant a full course meal and supper also.  As I have gotten older though I have changed dinner to lunch, but only if I am having a sandwich or my usual Diet Dr Pepper and chips or a pack of crackers.  Supper is still the evening meal and there just "ain't no way to change this country girl"!  I was raised where you always had something sweet at supper, be it chocolate syrup served over homemade biscuits, bread pudding, syrup and butter with homemade biscuits or a cake.  So -- I have become a sweet-a-holic!!  I always have to have something sweet around the house.

CANDLES-Making candles is a very good reason not to have a spotless house!  That is what I tell my friends when I think about retiring from candle making!  Really, I enjoy making candles and trying new scents.  It seems just when I tell myself no more fragrant oils I will see where a supplier has new ones that I just have to have.  That has happened this week!  I just couldn't resist so this is what I ordered.  Coconut Leaves, Tiki Beach, Turquoise Sky, and La Vie Est Belle.  Thought they would be in today but seems it will be tomorrow now.  I smelled the La Vie Est Belle by Lancome at Belks the other day and just fell in love with it so hoping this will be a very good duplication.  I make my own perfume and so far the scents I have used are 99% dead on the real one.   I poured a sample in Pineapple Sage yesterday so that is another one I have to have!!  I have also added the 16 oz apothecary jar back to my jar/container candles.   

I have changed the look of my website, which I do to often, and changed the look of my labels, after I spent don't know how much money buying images to match the candle scent!  If you would like to see my website this is the link - http://www.rubyrosecandles.com/index.html  Below is a picture of my 16 oz apothecary jar with new label.  This jar actually is 16 oz of wax or 1 lb!  I hope to have the jar and scents added to my website in a few days after I have tested a couple more.

Mother's Day is coming up and this candle, or any of my others, would make a great gift for your Mother.  Remember to order early because it can take 3-4 (or depending on how many orders it could be sooner) days to get your order.  I list 3 new scents each month on my Scents of the Month page in selected sizes and  these are 20% off.  http://www.rubyrosecandles.com/scentofmonth.html

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mothers, Grandmothers, Aunts, or Mother Figures.  Hope your day will be wonderful and blessed with your loved one!

No comments :

Post a Comment