Sunday, January 27, 2013

Goodness, I can't believe I haven't posted since July!  I have been busy, really, part of the time and the rest of the time I guess just busy trying to stay busy!  At this moment I really can't think of anything major I have done.  Which that is no shock to anyone, those that know me know my answer to most questions is "I can't remember" which is actually the truth.

I probably shouldn't be trying to remember and write anything at 11:50 pm on a Saturday night.  Now not that I have been out partying or anything, done got to old for that! haha  It is just sorta (southern lingo) late for my to be wracking my brain and trying to come up with something interesting to write about.

On a more serious note, Thanksgiving has past and it always reminds me of all the things I have to be thankful for.  Of course Christmas is over.  Always love Christmas-all the decorations and presents and love.  My family always has a big Christmas dinner with my siblings and their children and grandchildren and that number seems to increase every year.  We always have a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at church and that is so very special.  We can never forget the reason we celebrate Christmas.

Our New Years celebration is really no celebration, just trying to stay awake and watch the apple drop on Times Square and wonder what the New Year has in store for us.  I am not really sure what I want to do with my candle business this year.  Just really can't get into it, can't seem to find the excitement I used to feel every time I get an order in.  I have got a fundraiser to do and maybe, just maybe I can find that old feeling again.  

I am trying something new on my website.  It is a Candle Scent of the Month page.  Each month I will have a special on 3 scents.  One will be a fruity or fresh type, a bakery type, and a floral type.  The special will be on 2 jar sizes, 2 pillar sizes, 6 pack votives - same scent, 4 pack melts in small cups - same scent, room/linen spray and aroma (scented) beads.  These will be 20% off regular price. FEBRUARY SCENTS are - 
GREEN TEA AND WILLOWNotes of leafy, green tea and wood with hints of fresh ozone air, melon, bergamot, coriander, night blooming jasmine, watercress, earthen moss, peppergrass, white willow, pink cyclamen, cedar amber, sacred datura, and white musk. Fresh clean spa type scent, think you will love this one! 
BUTTERCREAM FROSTING - Smells just like rich buttercream frosting, just refrain yourself from licking the spoon! 
MAGNOLIA--Very clean floral, smells like the magnolia bloom.  Always a favorite floral.   
http://www.rubyrosecandles.com/scentofmonth.html 

Valentine's Day is our next "special" day coming up.  I really am not running any type of Valentine Day sale or special.  I really think either of my 3 scents on my Candle Scent of the Month page would make a great Valentines Day present.  

To all my friends and customers - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.  



No comments :

Post a Comment