Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Trying my hand at Bakery Candles

Decided to give bakery candles a try.  It seems a lot of people like the cupcakes and loaf/cake type candles so decided today was a good day to try it.  Now this is just my 2nd attempt at making these, I tried them a couple years ago and didn't go any further with them.  It is rather time consuming but it was sorta fun trying to decide what scents would be good to use.  It seems I have acquired a rather large selection of bakery scents!  After looking at my frosting on them I think they would be better called "grubby" cupcakes and cakes!  I used my stick blender I bought years ago, and never used, to whip up the frosting and it is much better than trying to use a fork like I did on my past trial with them.  Was afraid it would be hard to clean the whisk but actually just swirled it in some very hot water and that was that!





Now don't laugh at them, remember this is just my second real attempt!   They are scented, from top to bottom in Angel Food Cake, Strawberry, Hot Orange Danish, Iced Lemon Biscotti, (L) is Cinnamon Bread Pudding, and (R) is Banana Walnut Cake.  They all smell yummy!  Now I have to decide what size wick to use and then test them to see how they will burn.  They are made with pillar wax and they will need to be burned on a candle plate to protect your surface. .  

No comments :

Post a Comment