Monday, June 4, 2012

Ain't It Funny, How Time Slips Away!

"Well hello there, it's been a long long time"!  That song written by Willie Nelson came to mind when I saw how long it has been since I have written in my blog!   I love Willie Nelson by the way!  Gee, I had trouble figuring out how to get to my blog.  Seems Blogger has changed some things, not good.  Guess I finally made it though.  Not sure what may happen to my post though when I get through! 

I have been busy and then I have been un-busy!  I spend 3 days a week at the gym with 2 friends working out for about 1 & 1/2 hours, boy we are going to be so fit and trim!  We had someone tell us that we did good for our age - we are over 60!  I know she was trying to be nice and I didn't take offense at it.  We kid each other about being good for our age when we are sweating and hassling (A Southern dialect word, hassle, "to pant, breathe heavily,") on the elliptical machine and treadmill!  

Been trying to get a little spring? cleaning done when the mood strikes!  Of course it hasn't felt like we had much spring to do it in though.  Business has been slow but there again - I do pretty good for my age! 

I have added some new scents since my last post and got several more in the testing stage.  It seems like I have become "stuck" though on foody, bakery scents.  I also have been testing with soy wax.  My new scents that I am testing I am testing them in soy, if they work and are strong in soy then I know they will be fine for paraffin.  So far it is going good.  Below is a picture of the first 2 scents I tested.  I am burning the Paradise and so far so good.  The other I am letting cure for about 5 day, that is if I can wait that long.  That is the hardest part about testing is soy is having to wait for it to cure.  They say to let them cure for about a week but I think 5 days will be fine.  Paradise cured for about 36 hrs and it is throwing good.  The only thing I am thinking is I needed to wick up 1 size so I made 3 last night with the next size wick.  Will try to give 1 of them 36 hrs before I burn it!  

Chergui Winds - Magical blend of honey, musk, incense, tobacco leaf,
hay sugar, amber,iris, rose and sandalwood.











Paradise - Freshly squeezed lime with slices of pineapple, orange,lemon and just a touch of white gardenias. Like a tropical breeze blowing on the beach.









I am also working on several house blends that I will be adding later on this month.  I am hoping by middle of the month I will have decided which scents to keep out of the approx 12 that I am testing. 

Guess that is all I can think of today.  Keep a check on my website to see when the soy candles and new scents are added. 

No comments :

Post a Comment