Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Just wanted to give you a quick update!  Been busy with orders and trying to finish my Christmas shopping.  Now it is time to get to cooking!  Got to bake my fruitcake.  I am a little late with it but this one doesn't need a lot of time to be delicious and moist.  It is the best I have found.  If you would like to try it yourself this is the recipe.
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 cups selfrising flour
4 eggs
1 cup milk or pineapple juice
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups raisins
1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple undrained
1 16oz candied pineapple
1 16oz candied cherries
(NOTE* if you don't have all the candied fruit above you can used the mixed)
Chop fruits and nuts and roll in flour.  Mix everythig together and add to nut/raisin mixture. 
Bake at 250 for 3 hrs.  (I bake mine in a tube pan)  

Hoping to also get a Japanese Fruit Cake baked, it was my Daddy's favorite.  Of course mine isn't as good as Mother's was but it is still pretty good!  My main dish I always have to make for family gethering is my dressing.  It is delicious!  My family, the whole clan, will be celebrating on the 18th. 

Just wanted to update everyone.  Got 1 order to get out today and waiting for oil to come in to finish another.  It is getting close to closing time for Ruby Rose.  My last day will probably be the 16th and then will reopen on the 27th.  The day after Christmas is always spent taking tree down and putting away everything.

Wishing everyone a Safe, Happy, & Merry Christmas.  Let's all remember the reason for the season is the birth of our Lord Jesus!

No comments :

Post a Comment