Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Long Time!

Oh my gosh!  Can't believe it has been so long since I last blogged.  I always say "no more" but it always happens.  I am really not good at coming up with something to blog about.  Always did hate having to write letters when I was young, which has been a long time ago.  Now in this age of emails, face book, messaging it seems no one writes letters anymore.  My sister-in-law had sent my granddaughters a birthday card with some money and I told my son they needed to write her a letter thanking her.  He said they would just call and I said "NO" write a letter or send a card.  Well after about a month he told me they did sent her a letter and my sister-in-law had already told me about the sweet letter they had sent.  I'am afraid in a case of do what I say and not what I do I would have just called!!

Well down to candle business.  I keep telling myself that after about 13 years of making candles I am about ready to quit then I see some new scents that just sound so good and then I am off buying more oils and of course then I can't quit, got to play with my new oils!  Business has slowed down over the last couple of years.  The internet is saturated with candle makers, some good and probably to many bad because the buy supplies today, make a candle, then start selling.  A lot think it is a get rich quick business but the real truth is the opposite.  Get poorer!!  Buying supplies, shipping, testing and testing to make sure what you have made is really good is certainly no money maker!  Add to that a lot think they have to buy a "big name" candle or it won't be good.  Of course many just pick up one at WalMart or Dollar Store because they just don't want to spend the extra dollars for a good candle.

Well for somebody that can't think of anything to say not sure where all of this has come from.  Could be the 3 cups of coffee I've been drinking!

Down to candle business now!  Like I said I have added some new oils and I have added the popular jelly jar to my line of jars.  I have had to go up on the price of my jars, would add a sad face but don't know where to find the little smiley things!  After doing the bookkeeping it told me what I really should be charging!  Especially after I saw where a candle maker was selling the same jar I have for double what I was charging!  Honestly I said I wouldn't pay that much to buy one myself! My price is still not as much as their's was but it is more than it had been.  The jars are the only candles I did go up on though.  Shipping on jars with the weight of them and then some suppliers had also gone up I just couldn't wait any longer.



These are just some pictures of the 20 or so new scents I have been testing this month.  Really liked all of them but of course couldn't afford to order that many new ones.  I did order 11 of them and I do have a special on certain jars, pillar sizes, and 4 and 6 pack votives and melts.  Order any of them and the price shown is 10% off the original price.  This is the link to the page- http://www.rubyrosecandles.com/newscentsales.html

I have decided to join the age of Instagram!  Still learning it and at my age it does take a while.  Never used my phone for much than calling and texting!  I have a link on my home page to my Instagram but if you just want to look me up just search for rubyrosecandle

Another new thing I am trying to learn is hash tags!! Gee, when I first saw people using them on face book I didn't know what in the world they were and why they were using them!  Trying to learn all this after 65 is not easy!!

Guess I have rambled enough.  Probably should have saved some of this for maybe next week but then I wouldn't have remembered.

Thanks for reading this if you made it this far!  Like my face book page https://www.facebook.com/rubyrosecandles and I also have a group page you can join and keep up with new things and such, post questions, reviews (good I hope) or whatever as long as it's about me!  https://www.facebook.com/groups/rubyrosecandles/

No comments :

Post a Comment